Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sit # 24 - Swirling Winds

I attempted to get back on the creek that same Tuesday evening. As I left my truck, I saw three deer out feeding in the middle of the day and I was worried that I would spook them. It was interesting for a few reasons. They were so involved in their feeding that they really didn't care that I was there. That tells me that these deer were hungry. They were probably does that had just been bred and it had been a while since they weren't being constantly harassed. The other noteworthy thing is that it is the Full Moon, which traditionally means midday feeding. I sat all night with my hopes through the ceiling, but I saw zero deer. I need to stay aggressive, even in these cold temperatures that are coming. Highs in the teens? Sheesh! Tomorrow (Friday) morning is supposed to be 5 degrees without the wind. Pray for me.

No comments: