Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sit # 20 - November Underway

I'm back home again after a fun weekend down in the cities/Red Wing. Meanwhile, my buddy Joe came home to try to do some hunting. He woke up early and met me in Roseau and we headed out to the creek. We didn't see anything, but the biggest reason was what we saw the night before. The night before, dad and I cruised around with the spotlight. We didn't see too many bucks, but we did see about 4 nice ones. We saw an unknown buck west of Sheldon Rice's. We saw another unknown buck west of the three corner south of the dike. Then we came up near Dokken's and saw a big buck running out into the stubble wheat with some does. My immediate thought was that it must be Skyscraper again, but it wasn't. As he turned his head, I saw all the stickers... CURLY! So, we get to put another dot on the map for him. He was only a half mile from the stand by the creek. Did we see him? No.
Finally as we drove the east/west road we saw a buck I named Chippy - A really nice and high 3 year old. Great potential for height. This deer wasn't much to speak of as a yearling or a 2 year old, but now we're starting to see some of his potential.
It was fun just to get out with dad. I probably haven't been shining with him for at least 5 years, maybe more. Things are looking good for 2010.

No comments: