Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jackpot!






I was going to hunt Monday morning, but when my alarm went off, I checked the laundry and was all still damp. So, I crawled back under the covers. I got up about 9 and went out in the country to bring the stand back out to the creek and check a couple cameras. I pulled the card by the creek and there were 39 pictures on it. I hoped for at least 1 picture of Curly and 1 picture of Skyscraper out of velvet. I got like 8 pictures of Curly and out of nowhere appeared a buck we call Bullwinkle. I got two pictures of Bullwinkle and he looks OLD! Last year I thought he was a four year old. Looking at this year's pictures I think I was mistaken. This year he looks 6 if not 7 years old. He gained in his mass, his G4s got a bit longer, his left G2 shrank a bit, but overall he probably put on 15 maybe 20 inches. He should net somewhere between 125 and 130. Not great for an older buck, but definitely one that should get shot. There were a few other bucks on the camera. The only other one worth mentioning was a young 10 point. He could be the next 150 inch 4 year old. He looks awesome and I can't tell if he's two or three. Anyway, that camera really came through for me unlike my bonehead move up NW of the bus. Idiot. The scrapes are tore open, the rubs are appearing daily, the rut is in full swing! Time to get back out there.

No comments: