Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rifle Season - Day 8

Second-to-last day. Saturday the 13th found me testing the S/SW wind again down past the landing. Stupid. I finally realized that I was only hunting this spot out of stubbornness and out of past results. The dynamics of deer activity is not the same from year to year. At best there are annual trends, with variables such as feed and pressure changing constantly. I needed to adapt.
This would give me an excuse with the wind changing to WNW to go NW of the bus and check my camera that had been out for 9 days. Primo spot.
I get to the camera at about 2:30pm and open it up with anticipation dripping off my brow. Dead. I thought, oh dang, the batteries died.Nope. I looked and the dial toggle switch is turned to OFF. What? Did someone mess with it? Oh I was ticked. I pulled the memory card and checked it and there were no images of anyone else. Just me standing there on the 4th of November. Who knows what I missed! That made me so mad. I text dad and steph that the camera was in the 'OFF' position for 9 days and they both were sympathetic.
Back to hunting. I sat until dark and didn't see any deer. My hopes were high for that spot. They still are.

No comments: