Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rifle Season - Day 4

Tuesday morning, November 9th. Again, with a southwest wind, I sat SE of the landing. I brought my bow and my rifle with. Last night, I went to go check a camera over a scrape and on my way back to the cabin I flashed the spotlight out at the field that's held the most deer. Lots of does and fawns and then all of a sudden, 50 yards from the road, there stood Mr. 140! He looked heavy and dark and ready to go with his tarsals super stained. So this morning, I thought that dad and I would both have a legitimate chance at him. I sat until 9:25 and saw nothing. On my way home dad text me and said he had a smaller 8 point and a doe right in front of him. Things are picking up.We're supposed to get rain tomorrow night by about 9pm. The wind is also supposed to pick up to nearly 20mph. After that, the wind is supposed to switch up to the NW by Friday morning. Then North, then NE, then ESE again for Saturday. Should be interesting.
Here's motivation to keep my but out there:

No comments: