Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rifle Season - Day 3

Monday, the 8th of November started off positive because it was cold. I was certain I was going to be seeing some deer as I had an absolutely perfect wind - still out of the SE. Well by the time 10am rolled around it had drastically warmed up. I thought to myself that this was pointless and So I text dad and suggested we move some ladder stands around. I got back tot he cabin and learned that he had been driving around all morning. He saw a couple deer out by the Refuge and came back to The Hill. He and I put together a plan and took the wheeler down to the shackfield and took down the ladder stand I put on the north end. We brought it southwest of the corner about 175 yards. It kept getting warmer as the day went on. We sat around and talked with Steph and the three of us decided to take a drive around the country. We met up with Randy and Justin @ the DNR headquarters as they were registering a couple deer. The buck looked to be a three year old 8 point with very short brows. maybe 105". Glad he's dead. The other was an old doe. She had the most wore-down teeth I'd ever seen on a deer. She must've been at least 5 or 6. We only saw one lone deer on John's field. No shots fired, not bloody hands.

No comments: