Monday, October 25, 2010

Sit # 15 - Runnin' Late

I got off of work on Friday the 22nd at about 4:05pm and I thought I might have just enough time to try make it up to the stand I have up NW of the bus. Well, I made it up there, but not without issues. I brought along reflective thumbtacks and was putting those up as I fell down and spilled all 50 or so on to the mossy swamp grass hump I was on. After picking up about 3/4 of them,I kept on heading in the right direction. I got up in the tree and was finally settled about 5:30pm. I sat until 6:50pm and I couldn't see a worth anything. I climbed down and marked any more trees on the way back that I thought might make my trek easier next time. All of a sudden, I sank down into a whole. Up to my knee! I got home and checked the memory card I pulled from up there for 4 or 5 days. 59 pictures. My hopes were really high as I put the card in the reader on the computer. The first 45 or more were pictures of the grass moving in the wind. Suck. Next was two pictures of a timberwolf. Then finally a doe that stood there sniffing the wolf for about 10 minutes. All in all it was reasonably disappointing evening. There's still hope for that spot towards halloween.

No comments: