Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sit # 9 - 75 degrees!

On Sunday we did an engagement shoot, which was really fun, and then I was able to hit the woods. The wind was supposed to be out of the NE for the entire evening. I figured I'd sit in the nook that Steph and I did when we spotted a decent buck Steph named 'Mystery'. When I got all set up the wind finally started to pick up - except it was blowing over my left shoulder - the complete opposite of what it was supposed to be doing. I debated getting down, since I was up in the tree pretty early. I gave it a little while and sure enough it switched and the dominant wind blew in from the north. I got sprinkled on a little bit, too. It was hot. I text Google to see the temp and it said for Roseau it was 75. Sick. And that was 10 degrees colder than it was on Friday in Fargo. I sat it out 'til dark, but I only heard one/two deer behind me in the brush. Probably a doe and a fawn. It's crazy how the activity can be so good one week, then come to a screeching halt the next.

No comments: