Friday, September 10, 2010

Hard Horned

It's time. The beans are turning, the wheat is off, the morning dew is cold...fall is here. I'm guessing that 80% of the bucks are now out of velvet up here. I got two pictures of Inside Crabclaw polished up yesterday morning. The pictures were only taken 5 hours before I checked the camera. He didn't stay long, but long enough to make me want to be in the stand sitting silently.
On a more sucky note, I walked out to the camera that's been really producing a lot of great pictures for me and as I got closer to it, I realized that I couldn't see it on the fencepost. Uh oh. I got up to the trophy rock and there lays the camera on the ground facing up where the trophy rock was. The rock had been booted about 5 feet away. Someone slid it off the fencepost and laid it down on the ground, but get this... they stole my memory card! Ahhh. I haven't been that mad in quite a while. Who knows how many pictures were on it. They took the card on the fourth (saturday). The internal memory got a picture of them opening or closing the lid on the camera. I believe I know who it was and I'm going to try to get the card back in a civil way. It just makes me mad.
On the wildview I got a few more pictures of Scabby 10 and a new buck (which may not be new) out of velvet. He's a nice 10 with a fishtail forked left G2. So I think he has 11 points. A nice 3 year old.

No comments: