Monday, August 30, 2010

August's End

Like most good things, August had to come to an end. In August alone, I got pictures of all 6 bucks on the new Summer Hitlist. I had some pics from before, but all 6 bucks showed up this month too. What a great time of year to locate big deer. The only new confirmation photos were of Scabby 8. He's now Scabby 10 with double crabclaws. So we can confirm that Whitey is NOT Scabby 8. He may still be his cousin or brother, but they are, in fact, two different bucks. Here's Scabby 10 last year and this year:
I got a few more pictures of Curly:


I also got a new 10 point that I'm hoping is a three year old:
Lastly, I got my first buck out of velvet:
Zach Johnson and I went for a drive last night and saw a few deer, but it was hot out. We did manage to lay eyes on Skyscraper again. He's pretty - symmetrical and clean. August was good, but things are going to change rapidly now. These bucks will likely disappear until the end of October unless I find where they live. Fingers crossed.

No comments: