Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inside Crab Claw

I've seen this buck two or three times this summer in the binoculars and, finally, I got a picture of him. He's a stud! A four year old that put on somewhere around 30 inches this year. Who knows, maybe more. Here's the best comparison photos.
As a 3 year old:
And now as a 4 year old:
The only other photos of real interest were from out west again. I finally got some pictures of the buck I'm calling Dropper and it turned out that he did grow about a 3 inch drop tine off his left mainbeam. The other buck we're calling Cage. Sort of a rib 'cage' effect to him.
I was able to get a camera set up in the spot I saw that bachelor group of mature bucks. Across the road, I've seen a buck we called Skyscraper last year. He's put on some good inches, too. I'd say he's for sure P&Y, maybe even 135 net. I wonder if the wet June we had is giving these bucks the greens they needed in early July. Things are looking good for 2010.

No comments: