Monday, June 6, 2011

Let it Begin

Well has been confirmed that beans are seeded near The Hill. Hallelujah! I went out in the heat friday afternoon to try to set up the remaining mineral sites and camera locations. I got the one done by my permanent stand, which I'm very hopeful for an elusive buck - either Mr. 140 (who should be Mr. 150) or Splitbrow. I'm purposely not going to place a camera over it until I know they're into the beans really well, like 20th of July. I also got a trophy rock and a bag of Deer CoCain out to the Little Hill, but not before I buried my truck in the ruts that the bus left last fall. My back axel got hung up on the mud and rocks and roots.
Once I got unstuck (with mom and dad's help) I parked at the Landing and walked a camera and trophy rock down to where I got a shot at tank. It's hard to describe that location, so I may just refer to it as the "Tank Stand" or the "Crazy 8" stand. It's a good spot that I used to refer to as "south of the landing". Anyway, it was too hot and I was too tired to carry a 50 pound bag of trace mineral salt down there. So I left it by the trail going in. By this point it was late (mostly because of me getting stuck) and I needed food and so I checked what Steph was doing for supper and she said nothing so I drove home and joined her. I quit a bit early as I was planning on putting a rock out on the new stump northeast of Pete's. So next time I go out, I've got a couple more things to do. It would be nice to get a day where it's cool and windy. I'd like to set two more blocks out in the lake bottom. I also need to put a rock out in John's Island. Once I get completely set up, it should be the best year of pictures yet. I've got 10 bucks that will be on the hitlist early this year. It'll just be a matter of finding them with the cameras. I was able to check the camera northwest of the Landing and I got some pictures of Scabby 10:
and one other buck I'd be willing to shoot without knowing which one he is:
Exciting! I also checked on the clover I broadcasted almost a month ago. It's on it's way! I hope we get a little shot of rain now and then. Just something light once a week. I want a dry summer over all. Check it out:

No comments: