Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tillage!

Well last week, the farmers were out seeding. We have had lots of rain in the forecast and we've missed out on most of it. That's awesome because it allows the crops to get in their assigned places and for me to base the placement of my trail cameras on those crops. There will be beans all over the east side of The Hill and that will change a lot of the deer activity. Unfortunately, it might make more deer even more visible because of the homes along that road. It will be very interesting to find scrapes and travel routes to and from the crops. I have five Cuddebacks now and although I'm super pumped about that, certain times of year it would sure be nice to have three more. I know that's greedy, but the information gathered is so beneficial for a realistic perspective on the deer that use the hunt-able land around that area. I'm coming to the conclusion that there are at least three different deer herds that intersect and interact through the two mile radius from the cabin. It's been a good year all in all to learn more about how the deer use the area once fall is gone and winter comes. So, we've had a bit of rain, all the trees are near full bloom, and everything is green. I was able to get out and make a shooting lane that leads to a stump with a Trophy Rock on it. I've wanted this to be a mineral site for quite a while now and after last summer's pictures, I believe I'm going to get lots of great shots there. Hopefully not too many bears.

No comments: