Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Midwest Whitetail Induction

I received an email from Tim Filiowich on Saturday offering Steph and I a spot on Midwest Whitetail Minnesota's Developmental Prostaff. I've been in conversation with Tim for about two years now (ever since I first found out about Midwest Whitetail). I first talked to Bill Winke through email and then he referred me to Tim who was in charge of the Minnesota Team. At first it was an issue of a camera standard as well as a gear standard. Now, we have the Canon 7D which is HD so we're good there and my bow is on ebay right now... fingers crossed. What an opportunity! People often ask, "well how much does it pay?" I laugh to myself because although it takes time to film hunts, it is such an enjoyable challenge that at this point, money isn't an object. I am happy to be a part of it for free. Sure someday, when I'm slaying 180" bucks consistently, I might want to get paid to do it.
Basically, what's next is to film everything that I/we would be doing anyway. Velvet scouting, checking cameras, hanging stands, etc. I'm sure there will be a video resume/interview that we'll send in that will possibly include a hitlist section. I'm pumped for that. I've got enough deer to have a memorable hitlist. And these deer all have long histories, so that should be an added bonus. It simply becomes a task of learning to film things well and being able to have someone with me so that I'm not filming myself all the time. I can't wait to see some of this year's bucks! Realtree's website put out a blog this spring that announced Midwest Whitetail's move from a semi-live weekly website show to TV.

No comments: