Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thank You 6x5!

The 6x5 decided to pose for a few photos this last week. What's even better is that he came in with good daylight and stayed for almost an hour! He was in there four or five times in the last seven days, which means he's not too far away. After careful review of the pictures (and videos), it looks like he's approaching the camera from the east and most times he's returning to the east. Maybe he is staying close by and I need to be careful not to bump him. I need to get a set hung ASAPAQAP (as soon as possible as quietly as possible)! Ideal situation, I'd be able to slide down the river and slip up along the bank and right up into a tree. He seems to use the pinch fairly closely. If my cameras in ND don't produce, I can bet I'll bring one or two back to narrow in on the 6x5's pattern. Hopefully the bears don't kick him out when the acorns are ready, which is anytime now.
I also picked up on a nice little two year old near John's pond. I think he's a buck that I found a little antler from last spring, but it's hard to say. He's nice for a two year old in a crappy year of growth.

No comments: