Thursday, May 27, 2010

Morel Monday

Never in my 27.5 years on this earth have I found a morel mushroom. That is, until this last week. I was walking down a trail I had blazed to get to and from a stand way back in the sticks. As I was walking I looked down and right there in front of me was a huge morel mushroom. Sore thumb sort of deal. I gave it away to a friend who really enjoys fungi of all types. So, I have yet to sample the taste of morels. The real purpose of my trip was to check some cameras and ultimately move one camera up to the Little Hill where I've had another camera that's kinda wiggin' out on me. So I got them switched and checked the other cameras before the wicked lightning storm hit. There were a few pictures of bucks, but nothing too old. Another two weeks will tell a much better story. I really hope to see that The Clown is still alive and well. There are so many bucks that would be great to get pictures of, but only time will tell. I will need to replace batteries in a week or two.

No comments: