Saturday, September 28, 2013

ND update - Velvet Peelings

I was able to swing out to the ND property on the 16th of September, as I had appointments there that day. I checked the cameras and found that most of the deer had shed their velvet by that point. No new bucks that I could find. I got a few more pics of the big heavy 8:
A few more of the buck Im going to call Cowboy:
And the wider short-brow 3 year old (hopefully 2):
The studly little 9 point:
And this nicer 2 year old:
I moved my cameras closer to corn. With me only able to get out there every few weeks, I can't really set the cameras over an attractant, because after it's gone, the deer activity just dies. I set my Cuddeback down along the river anticipating that deer use the mowed trail as a funnel. I didn't spend any time clearing grass, so I hope that's fine. The Bushnell got moved to a ridge that sticks out towards the river coming off the southwest cornfield. I don't really know what to expect there, but a person never knows. There was a decent amount of tracks through the grass there. Plus there's a good tree to set up ladder stand. I am going to try to hunt out there for a couple days beginning this coming Sunday evening (29, 30, & 1st). Hopefully I tag out and can just forget about that place until the post rut or until shed hunting even. I need to make my $215 tag worth it!

No comments: