Monday, April 14, 2008

DC Retreat 2008

I doubt that the Discipleship/Confirmation Retreat will be at Minnesota Hill very often, but since a storm rolled through the Duluth area and forced us to change our plans, I couldn't have thought of a better place to have it. We played bocce ball, went for nature walks, jumped off gravel piles, walked to canada, and ate some good food. It was about perfect.
I took Isaac Lang and the five 8th graders on two group walks through the woods. We walked to the bus before lunch. We went back into the cedars and sat down and talked about how God has gifted us and what James had to say about it. Then we walked back and stopped by the cedar tree I cut down a month ago. All the molasses was licked clean.
After lunch and some bocce ball, we hopped in the van and drove up to the gravel pits. We jumped out and instantly they wanted to climb the gravel piles. Naturally. After some extreme jumping and whatnot, we headed up some trails and I took them right to the canadian border. I'm pretty sure most of them had never walked on the border before. So that was kind of cool. We made a big loop by the old softball diamond and examined some discarded carcasses and headed back to the cabin.
It was a gorgeous day and I'm certain everyone had a good time.
It was hard for me to not go into shed hunting mode.

No comments: