Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Albia, Iowa 2013 Midwest Whitetail Summer Meeting

This year's Summer Meeting down in Albia was a good one. The show has made several adjustments over its few years of existence, but the biggest one last year was moving from state shows to regional shows. So now instead of having a Minnesota Pro Staff, there's a Great Lakes Pro Staff. This year instead of it being just Joe and I, we had Sam Palowski come with and experience some of the camaraderie. We were able to get in a 3D archery shoot, some film school, and some face time with the sponsors. It was a great trip and I even won a prize! Each Regional team was awarded a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize package for "best effort", which was determined by good footage, consistent updates, and high quality kills. I got 3rd place for the Great Lakes Team and so I won a Muddy Tree stand, $50 gift card to Cabelas, and a ScentMaster sweatshirt. So that was good, but now there's some real pressure on me to get a good kill on video this year. Before I knew that I was winning anything, I bought two used Muddy stands, one hang-on and one ladder. So I should be a little more set up than I was last year.

No comments: