Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shed #11 - A Speck In The White Desert

Nothing to exciting, but I felt I better write about it before I forget about it. I was out on Tuesday the 12th and walked the standing soybean field one more time. It took me quite a while, but I was able to spot something over my right shoulder. It was a small tine sticking out of the snow. At first glimpse, I never really know what it could be, but as I walked in closer, I soon saw that it was quite small. This always begs the question, what would a big antler have looked like. It also let's me know that I'm doing a pretty good job of scanning the area around me if I can spot one this small. The snow kept it up, so I'm sure it's relatively fresh. Here it is:
Nothing big, but another one for the tally. I have no trail cameras out right now, which is always an odd feeling. But, it won't be too long before a few get put out over mineral licks. I'm really hoping this snow depth doesn't lead to suffering deer or a late growing season. We definitely could use some sun. It's supposed to get above freezing today. Let the melt begin!!

No comments: