Friday, April 15, 2011

Snow's Finally Gone

Mom and I went out for a bit in the morning on Saturday the 9th. At that point, there was still quite a bit of snow throughout the cedars. Today, there's probably none. We parked north of the landing and walked to the stump and set up a camera and some salt. We walked west through the cedars toward where dad picked up Scabby 10's 4point side from last year. We were getting close to that area when we came to a forked trail. I sent mom ahead on the heavier branch of it and about 50 ft later she said, "I found one!". I made my way over to her and told her to leave it lay until we got some pictures of it. At first glance, I thought it was a side from Whitey, but I soon realized it was much smaller than that. This was definitely off a 2 year old buck. Nothing super special about it other than it had no brow tine. The odd part of it all was that I could not place this buck, proving that there still are deer that do not show up on camera.
Anyway. I'm glad mom was able to find something. We've been so busy with photography lately, I don't know when the next time I could go out would even be. I chose to stay home and sleep in with Steph this morning, but it's stays fairly busy from here through the next couple weeks. We'll see. There's several bucks whose antlers are just waiting to be found. Somewhere deep within the swamp. The season isn't over yet.

No comments: