Wednesday, January 5, 2011

December's End (Sit #28)

Well December Came and went - full of snow, and full of deer hitting the food HARD. I'm a little nervous that this winter could be a bad one for the deer. We've already got a foot of snow by January 1st and we're likely to get another foot before it starts to melt. I've tried to move some cameras around to get closer to the food sources, but I've been a week behind the movement it seems like. I'll get one week of good pictures and then it will die. The one camera that I have out right now is still on that bean field and I will likely pull it down here in a few days. The night of the 28th, I saw a really big buck in the headlights by the intersection west of the creek. I'm pretty sure it was Curly. I think he's coming from the west side of the highway. I just know he was wider than he was tall, which would suggest NOT Skysraper. At least I'm still putting 'pins' in the map. I may not find much for sheds this year if these deer keep hanging up on private land like this. I hope that a few make it to next year. I'll be in the same spot, with cameras set up a little differently. I know there will be beans up by the hill, around John's island, and throughout most of Rice's land north of Orville's mailbox. Should be sweet. Anway, so far I was able to connect with only a few of the bucks on the hitlist in December, but I've got three more cameras to take down yet. Mom & Dad got a picture of the buck I'm pretty sure is Mr. 140 in the shack field. Then there's another shed buck, The Contender, and Bullwinkle. Here's some new pics:




No comments: