Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Black & Blue


I went up to the hill to do a few things and as I was hopping down from my endgate on my truck, my left foot (my first foot to hit the ground) landed on the slope of a track in the snow. I don't know if it was a truck track or a snowmobile track or what, but it was very uneven and I rolled my ankle hard. I came down with all my weight (and then some) and folded right to the ground. I heard my ankle pop or crunch. I rolled around in pain for a minute or two and then I told myself to get up and see if it's broken (which I immediately thought it was). I stood on my good foot for about a minute before I tried to put any weight on my left. Slowly I was able to put weight on it. I knew that it was a matter of time before it would swell and that if I was going to finish my project, I needed to get right back to it. That was friday.
Today, tuesday, I can walk on it without too much pain. I limp a little and I've been trying to ice it in bed.
Besides that depressing story, I still managed to check two cameras that were close to the main road. I was pleased to see some pictures of Scabby 10. He's a beautiful deer. Last year he was a marginal heavy 8 point that would've net somewhere around 120. This year he should net around 130. He's got a tiny bit more mass, he's got longer beams, and he added some G4s. His 3s might be a half inch shorter, but he makes up for it all around. He's very dark this year, which suggests at least 4, maybe 5 years old.
I also got pictures of the Pencil 7, which is now a 6! he broke of his left G3 completely. I got another picture of the little buck I'm going to call The Mouse. He's got 8 legal points, but wanted to be a 10 with double split brows. Next year he'll probably be that 12 point 120 as a 3 year old. If he makes it to 4, He just might be 150.
I'm hoping to check and move some cameras on thursday but for sure by the weekend.

No comments: