Saturday, July 3, 2010

June's End

This spring and early summer have been considerably worse at locating mature deer. My only sightings have been while driving and there have only been two. It's sad that until now I've been keeping tabs on some scrubby bucks. I hope that Steph can shoot one of them this fall.
On Wednesday, my friend and I took off two a ridge out east and fought the bugs the whole way. I sunk in over my boots on the way out, and he did on the way back. To our disappointment, the camera was turned 90 degrees on the tree again. The worst part was that the mineral site was tore up! It seriously looked like a cattle pasture's watering whole - solid mud! Who knows how many pictures we missed. We moved the camera back and a bit higher to hopefully avoid those curious bears. Other than that, there's been lots of activity near the gravel pit and out in the more open grasslands. The bugs have been so bad, I bet that plays a role in the deer spending their time out in the open. Well here's some updates of the scrubby bucks.


No comments: