Thursday, July 15, 2010

Droptine?


I checked the camera that was just off one of the bean fields where Steph and I saw those five bucks on the 7th and got a few pictures. I didn't get the biggest racked buck in the field, but I did get the widest. Who's to say that this buck couldn't out grow the other, but he'd have to pack it on rather quickly. His nice and wide, and has good mass, but I'm thinking he won't get too tall. What I did notice was the start of a droptine on his left mainbeam. Although this drop might only get to about two inches or so, it's still pretty unique. So for now, we'll call him Dropper.
Dad and I took a drive the other night (12th) and saw quite a few deer. We were able to locate a buck that I already have two years of history with and he looks even more gnarly than before. His 2 year old rack he had a third main beam coming out of his left side and so he was pretty neat.Then the next year (2009), as a 3 year old, he straightened out a bit but his left brow was way up high and his mainbeam was still odd.This year, I can only describe him unless I try to get a camera out there to capture him. He's got a perfectly typical 5 point right side and his left is a killer. He's got a side split G2 and his brow now starts even higher - like on the inside of his G2 and G3. He'll probably gross in that 130-140 NT. I'd definitely shoot him. Stay tuned and I'll try get some kind of picture of him.

No comments: