Thursday, January 7, 2010

My First Set of Twenty Ten

I nearly walked on top of these monsters, believe it or not. I was about three feet from them, and they were about two feet from each other. He wont break any records, but he puts me on the board. Maybe more importantly, the cameras tell me that Mr. 140 is now a slickhead.

Sometime between the wee hours of the morning of December 23rd and supper-time of January 6th, he dropped both sides. His pedicles weren't bleeding, and he came from the north (or one would guess).These bucks have really been feeding elsewhere. I don't dare move my camera over to the pile of sunflowers, because it could easily get picked off by a snowmobiler. I feel like running these cameras into February because of the forcast. They're saying highs in the 20s for like two weeks! That's perfect. As long as we don't get too much snow, there should be lots of pictures, and lots of trails, beds, etc to look through.
Skyscraper showed his bottle-nosed head long enough for two pictures to let me know he's still packin'.

No comments: