Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ding Dong Hanger's Dead



Well, after a hunting season with many mysteries, there's some peace of mind to know that Hanger is dead. The brother of a friend of mine shot him during rifle season. I only had one picture of the buck out of velvet this year. He must not've travelled very much outside of his core area, which according to the friend was west of the little hill. Fitting.
Otherwise, the sheds are still falling, but unfortunately, so is the snow this coming weekend. Mom text me on their way out to ice fish by Long Point. She sent a picture of her holding a fresh shed she picked up and I immediately thought she picked up the other side, but it turns out it's the same side to a different buck. Very similar in measurements. Her antler went 51" and mine was 48 3/8". I'm preparing to take my cameras down for the season, but we've had unbelievably warm weather for the middle/end of January so I'm trying to milk it. As soon as it starts to drop down below zero for day time highs, I'll pull them. It's been a great late season for pictures. I just hope those bucks left on the hitlist make it through the winter.
Stephanie and I are driving down to the cities this afternoon and evening and we're flying to denver tomorrow morning. I hope the roads will permit quick travel.

No comments: