Friday, November 2, 2012

Let The Games Begin! - Sit # 15

This pretty much sums up the reason people need to understand the efforts and rewards of Quality Deer Management. I hunt enormous tracts of public land, yet I still try to do my part to let these deer get some age on them. As Rifle season begins tomorrow, it will be interested to see who shoots what. I'll try to stay as up to date as possible this year with weather, wind, precipitation, hunting pressure, sightings, etc. Looking forward to it.
Last night I sat in the swamp for sit #15 of the year. I didn't see a deer. There are still reasonable amounts of deer up in there, but it's really wet after about a week of rain. Anyway, before I sat last night I changed the batteries in mom and dad's camera and on my way to it, I found a brand new rub on a good sized tree. Did Pencil make a trip by the cabin or is that 3 year old 10, that aggressive? We'll see I guess. I also pulled the card from the camera on the east side of John's farmyard. TRICK or TREAT!!!
As I was in the middle of judging costumes for our Youth Group Costume Contest at the church, PegLeg was strolling OUT of the swamp! What was he doing up there? How far did he go? I need to get more information!

No comments: