Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sit #2 - Oak Ridge

I tried out the stand I set for Stephanie this morning. The wind wasn't perfect, but it was a good wind just the same. I was on a mission to execute a doe. All summer long and even into early September the same doe and fawn were using this oak ridge and stopping by the Trophy Rock for a little mineral action. Well, today they did not. It's a little bit of a tight shot. The main trail comes to 19 yards. So you better hope for a bit more than a 4 mph wind like it was this morning. Things aren't getting any less busy this week. Stephanie and I have rigorous schedules for the next couple weeks and as we begin October, it might let up a little bit more. Hopefully.
Still no pictures of the target bucks. I've been getting some neat pictures of the same two year old bucks by my permanent stand. Neither should be shot, but hopefully a new one will move into the area. I'm looking forward to checking the camera north of Pete's. It's been there for 22 days now and I bet I get a picture of something I've been looking for. Fingers crossed. Lastly, I just got permission to hunt 147 acres near the river north of town. It looks very promising for an early season buck encounter. I'll check that camera sometime soon.

No comments: