Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Skunk

On thursday (20th), Stephanie came over and we went up to The Hill. We quick walked into Canada and back, then drove out to the landing. So you know, I'm going to use a lot of inclusive language in this blog. I apologize in advance, but then again, tough. So we walked from the landing to what I'm going to call the second landing. From there we put on lots of miles, circling south and west and back up to the little hill. I wanted to go back through some area mom and I covered in mid January. Last time we were there, the deer sign was amazing. I figured maybe the majority of bucks just hadn't dropped yet. When I went back there, I still had no luck. It was really odd because of the amount of deer sign.
Anyways, we went north of the little hill (actually northeast) until we hit the west edge of the clearcut north of the second landing. The first hike we put on 3.89 miles. When we cut through to the east of where I found the shed, we tried to veer a bit to the north of what we did last time. We cut through to the two slashes. Then hit the snowmobile trail, and headed back to the jeep.
No antlers.
It was still good to get out. Gotta make sure the Trophy Rocks are still in decent shape, and get one more out there. Another couple weeks and I'll get out there with the chain saw and start prepping for next fall.

No comments: